United Community Action Network

Serving Douglas and Josephine Counties
• Creating solutions to poverty             • Improving lives in our community
Emergency Services
Case Management
Cover Oregon
Food Shares
Head Start

Help with...

Where to get food in Douglas County
Where to get food in Josephine County
Temporary shelter
Permanent housing
Rent & mortgage
Home repairs
Application for UCAN Housing
Heating bills
Lower your heating costs
Phone bills
Water bills
Head Start
HS Resource Directory
Transportation to medical appointments
UTrans bus system
Car payments/repairs
Douglas County
Resource Directory

Directorio de servicios
del Condado de Douglas

Douglas County
Community Needs Assessment

Head Start
Community Needs Assessment

Josephine County
Resource Directory

Learn more...

Contact Us
Board of Directors
Read our Newsletters
Employment Opportunities
AmeriCorps*VISTA Program
AmeriCorps Program
Leave A Legacy State Senators
State Representatives
US Senators
US Representatives
Hold a food drive
12-13 IRS Form 990
11-12 IRS Form 990
10-11 IRS Form 990
Notice of Exempt Status
Privacy Policy
Annual Report
Non-discrimination Policy
Better Business Bureau Report
Staff Login
Board Login
TimeStar Login

UCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider

Use Paypal for secure donations!

Community Action Partnership of Oregon United Way
Community Action Partnership UCAN AmeriCorps is an AmeriCorps Program
UCAN is a Green Agency
UCAN is a
Green Agency

Report broken links

Can I get help paying my heating bill?

UCAN has several energy assistance programs that can help pay heating bills. Our regular winter assistance program, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is open to all low income and moderate income families in Douglas and Josephine Counties. It is not necessary to have a past due bill to access this assistance. We can help with any type of heat. To access this assistance:

Douglas County residents call (541)492-3535 or (800)301-8226 and ask for extension 3535.

Josephine County residents call (541)956-4069.

What if I have a shut-off notice?

We generally have funding available to help pay electric or gas bills to prevent disconnection of service. To learn how to access these emergency services, call the numbers listed below.

Douglas County residents call (541)492-3908 or (800)301-8226 and ask for extension 3908.

Josephine County residents call (541)956-4448.

How much money can I make and still qualify?

2014 Income Guidelines (effective October 1, 2013):

Household Unit Size Annual Income Monthly Income
1 $21,706.88 $1,808.91
2 $28,385.92 $2,365.49
3 $35,064.96 $2,922.08
4 $41,744.00 $3,478.67
5 $48,423.04 $4,035.25
6 $55,102.08 $4,591.84
7 $56,354.40 $4,696.20
8 $57,606.72 $4,800.56
9 $58,859.04 $4,904.92
10 $60,111.36 $5,009.28
11 $61,363.68 $5,113.64
12 $62,616.00 $5,218.00
Each Addt'l Person $1,277.00 $106.42

What else can I do?

You should call your heating company and let them know of your situation. The heating companies have dealt with this before and usually have a plan to help you get through rough times, but they can't help if they don't know you're having trouble paying your bill.

Douglas County Josephine County
Pacific Power 1-888-221-7070 Comfort Control 1-541-476-5470
Avista Utilities 1-800-227-9187 Caveman Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. 1-541-476-0009
Douglas Electric 1-541-673-6616 Rogue Valley Heating & Air 1-541-476-3211
    All Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning 1-541-479-8777