RSVP is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community. UCAN's RSVP Program offers many different service opportunities for volunteers, including:
- helping people to complete and file their tax returns
- helping seniors to understand their Medicare benefits
- helping people to obtain low- and no-cost prescriptions
- helping to insure area seniors have meals
- helping area veterans with transportation to medical appointments or with the My Health Vet program
- and many others!
As an RSVP volunteer, you choose how, where, and how often you want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. You receive a comprehensive orientation, training from the organization where you will serve, and supplemental insurance while on duty. Unlike the Senior Companion Program, you do not receive monetary incentives as an RSVP volunteer, but sponsoring organizations may reimburse you for some costs incurred during service, such as mileage.
And remember: When you volunteer, you’re not just helping others—you’re helping yourself. Volunteering leads to new discoveries and new friends. Plus, studies show that volunteering helps you live longer and promotes a positive outlook on life. So get involved, and become an RSVP member!
There are no openings at this time. Please check back later.