United Community Action Network
Helping People, Changing Lives - Serving Douglas and Josephine Counties
Paypal donate button
Facebook icon

How UCAN Affordable Housing Can Help

UCAN owns and operates 92 units of affordable housing in Douglas County, with developments found in Drain, Sutherlin, Roseburg, Green, Winston and Canyonville. Rent on these properties is typically far below what you would pay for rent elsewhere. All of our properties have a number of eligibility requirements, and we typically have a waiting list to get into our housing. If you are interested in finding out about what we have available, or would like to get on our waiting list, you can call (541) 492-3510 or (800) 301-8226 and ask for extension 3510 to speak with our property management staff.

Affordable Housing Application

Finding Help Elsewhere

There are many other options for affordable housing besides UCAN in Douglas County, and there are also many affordable housing options in Josephine County. Since we typically have a waiting list for our housing, you will want to consider getting on to other affordable housing operators' waiting lists. And you may want to look at other options for housing. To start, you can read our tips for seeking affordable housing. Then:

Call for general information on affordable housing developments: If you would like to talk to someone to get help finding other affordable housing developments, you can talk to someone at 211Info simply by dialing 211 toll free from anywhere in the State of Oregon.

Contact another affordable housing operator in Douglas County: Two major operators of affordable housing in Douglas County are NeighborWorks Umpqua and HADCO. To talk to someone at NeighborWorks, call (541) 673-4909. To talk to someone at HADCO, call (541) 673-6548.

Contact an affordable housing operator in Josephine County: Lovelace Properties manages a number of affordable housing properties in Grants Pass. You can contact them at (541) 479-2112. Options for Southern Oregon also has many developments, and can be contacted at (541) 476-2373.

If you have access to a computer (computers are usually available for public use in public libraries and at UCAN's main service center on 280 Kenneth Ford Drive), you can:

  • Search a listing of many affordable housing projects by county here.
  • Search a listing of manufactured home parks here.
  • Search for other rental arrangements on Craigslist

If you are in need of emergency shelter:

  • In Douglas County, contact the Roseburg Rescue Mission at: (541) 673-3004
  • In Josephine County, contact the Gospel Rescue Mission of Grants Pass at: (541) 476-0082

If you are a teenager or a family with a teenager in Douglas County, contact Casa de Belen at: (541) 677-0073