We can provide you a free ride to address your health needs.
You can get a free ride from UCAN’s volunteer drivers to go to and from health appointments, including:
- Physical Therapists,
- Providers of Mental Health and Addiction Services,
- Dialysis Centers,
We are able to offer you a ride as long as you are on Medicaid, and you are not having a medical emergency. You can get help as long as you don’t have a good way of getting to where you need to go.
If you need a ride, you contact a “brokerage.” Brokerages arrange for drivers. You can schedule a time to get a ride by calling:
Ready Ride at (800) 479-7920 (if you are an AllCare member).
Bay Cities Brokerage at (877) 324-8109 (if you are an Umpqua Health or Advanced Health member).
RideSource at (877) 800-9899 (if you are a Trillium member).
TransLink at (888) 518-8160 (if you aren’t a member of any of these).
You can usually schedule a time far in advance. If you cannot schedule in advance, you may or may not get a ride depending on how busy drivers are.
When you call, you will need to have info to help the service schedule your ride, such as:
- Your Oregon Health Plan (OHP) number
- Your home address and phone number
- Your mailing address
- Location of where you need to be picked up
- Info about where you need to go, including address, building and suite numbers
- Appointment date and time
- Name and telephone number of who you have the appointment with
- Purpose of the appointment
- Any mobility devices (wheelchair, walker, cane) you need
- If you’re traveling with a service animal or another person such as a care aide
If you have general questions about this service, give us a call at (541) 956-4070.