Our AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers can help you with your taxes
A great service made available to you through our AmeriCorps Seniors program is help with preparing and filing your taxes. This service is brought to you in partnership with AARP. Volunteer tax experts make it easy for you to file, and help you get your full tax credits and refunds. Tax-Aide’s goal is to make sure that you get back everything the law allows. You then have more money that you can use to help yourself and your family.
We urge you to seek this service, especially if you don’t have much income.
The service is available from January-April. You don’t need to apply to get help. Instead, to start the process, call:
Douglas County: (541) 492-2101
Josephine County: (541) 223-9597
If you call during tax season, a volunteer will give you a call back to set up a time to meet (these numbers are not checked regularly at other times). When it’s time to meet, you will need to bring:
- Photo ID
- Birth dates and Social Security Numbers for all members of your household
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Form 1095 if you obtained health insurance through Healthcare.gov
- All records of your income, including W2s, 1099s, and ones for Social Security, pensions, and IRAs
- Records of certain expenses, including medical expenses, mortgage payments, real estate payments, and donations
Once the volunteers figure out the amount of your refund(s) and file your taxes, you can track your refund(s) here:
You can find more information about Tax-Aide in Josephine County here.
If you have general questions about this service between April 16 and December 31 you can call us at:(541) 956-4472.