United Community Action Network
Helping People, Changing Lives - Serving Douglas and Josephine Counties
Facebook icon

How UCAN Food Bank or WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Can Help

The UCAN Food Bank does not provide food directly to residents. Instead, our Food Bank works with a network of partner agencies throughout Douglas County that make food available to those who need it.

If you are pregnant or are a mother of young children, you may qualify for WIC benefits that will help you pay for certain foods.

In Douglas County, you can find out about WIC benefits here. For help in other locations, the WIC benefits website has information on the office to call nearest you.

Finding Help Elsewhere

If you aren't able to access food at one of the local pantries or kitchens, there are other options available to you. To talk to someone about these different options, you can call 211Info by dialing 211 toll-free anywhere in Oregon. If you have access to a computer (public libraries have computers available for the public, and you can also use a computer at our office located at 280 Kenneth Ford Drive in Douglas County), you can look into the following:

  • The Oregon Food Bank provides a directory you can access to see where you might obtain a free food box or where there are sites offering free meals. Go to the site and enter your zip code in the Search box. You will find a list of resources located closest to you.
  • Oregon's Department of Human Services website provides information on where and how you can apply for food stamps. Once you go to the web-site, select your county, and obtain the phone number of the nearest Department of Human Services Self-Sufficiency Office.
  • If you are a senior and want to find out if your community has a program that brings free meals to your home, go to ADRC, enter your zip code in the search box, and look to see if your community provides delivered meals.