Para una descripción de nuestros servicios en español, haga clic aquí.

Find the Help You Need

In Southwest Oregon

We can help you find help with many basic needs in Southwest Oregon. Find food, housing, energy assistance, weatherization help, WIC and more.

Child & Family Development

Head Start provides classes for young children and pregnant women. In our classes, your children learn the skills they need to succeed when they start kindergarten.

Through our Home Visiting programs, eligible pregnant women, families with young children and families with children with special health needs receive home visits from UCAN staff.

We provide WIC services in Douglas County. WIC is a nutrition education program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, and young children learn how to eat well and stay healthy.

If you’re unsure which program is best for your family or child, click here and we’ll help you find the right program.

Food Assistance

We run the warehouse that supplies food to local pantries and kitchens in Douglas County. You can get several days’ worth of food at pantries. Kitchens offer free meals.

Feeding Umpqua, our Douglas County Food Bank, offers different services to promote healthy eating. We invite you to join us and learn mroe about Eating Healthier.


If you need a ride to address your health needs, and it isn’t an emergency, we can help. We have volunteer drivers that work with different services who can get you where you need to go and back.

Are you confused by all the different Medicare Plans available to you? Do you want to learn more about Medicare in general? Our AmeriCorps Seniors program has trained volunteers who can help you learn the basics about Medicare.

Home Comfort

If you are about to lose your utilities because you haven’t been able to pay your bills, or you are just having a hard time paying your bill, we may be able to pay your bill and keep you connected.

If your house needs repairs and improvements to better keep you warm, we may be able to help you free of charge.


Whether you lack housing, need better housing, or need help staying in your home, UCAN may be able to help you. We make sure you feel welcomed when you seek help, and make sure we understand what you most need.

If you are a veteran, we can provide a number of services to you that will help you stay housed or obtain housing. This program is called Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)


UCAN Money Management has different ways that we may be able to help you or a family member pay their bills through representative payee services.

We can help you with your taxes! Trained members of our AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP volunteer team, along with AARP Foundation, provide free tax help. Our goal is to make sure that you get back everything the law allows.