Para una descripción de nuestros servicios en español, haga clic aquí.

Veteran Services

We provide services to households with a veteran to help them stay housed or obtain housing. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs funds our Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. Our partner ACCESS obtains these funds and sends them on to us. We do have limited resources for this program, so we sometimes offer Housing and Homeless services to meet these needs.


We offer private services to you, meeting you one-on-one. Our services include helping you:

  • Assess your needs,
  • Develop a plan to meet your needs,
  • Obtain referrals to services,
  • Obtain VA, Social Security and other benefits,
  • Obtain some financial aid (depending on need),
  • Get or stay housed

To Qualify

You can receive these services if:

  • Someone in your household is a veteran,
  • You meet income guidelines,
  • You either lack housing or are at risk of losing it,
  • You live in Douglas or Josephine County, and
  • You only need short-term help to get into stable housing.

Even though the name of the program refers to families, single folks can get services as well.

Our Process

1. In Douglas County, call (541) 492-3526, or stop by our office at 251 NE Garden Valley Boulevard, Suite 111 (on the first floor) in Roseburg. Our walk in hours are Tuesday and Thursdays (excluding holidays) between 10 am and 2:30 pm. In Josephine County, call (541) 956-4085 or stop by our office at 900 SE 8th Street in Grants Pass. Our walk in hours are Monday and Wednesday (excluding holidays) from 10 am to 2:30 pm.

2. When we meet, we can help you apply for the program.

3. We help you figure out what you need to provide to apply. If you are missing something, we will work to help you obtain it.

4. After you apply, we let you know if you qualify.

Some items you will need to apply include:

If you need us to come to you to start the process, we will be happy to do so.