Our service region has some of the highest rates of food insecurity in the State. Donating money directly to Feeding Umpqua is a great way to address hunger in Douglas County.
You can reduce hunger in your community by donating food to Feeding Umpqua. To do so, just stop by Feeding Umpqua’s warehouse during regular business hours and we’ll meet you to pick up the food.
If you want to increase the impact you have on hunger, consider hosting a food drive!
Your food drive can help provide food that we can share with our network of pantries and kitchens.
1. Select a leader or create a leadership committee
2. Set a goal for how much food you want to collect.
3. Set a specific start date and finish date for your food drive.
4. Obtain an official commitment from the place you want to hold your drive.
5. Contact us at (541) 492-2126 so we can make arrangements to provide you with food collection barrels and be ready for your donation.
6. Get the word out about your food drive.
7. Host the food drive.
8. Acknowledge the work of those who help with the food drive.