Our mission is..."Creating solutions to poverty, improving lives in our community."
Our vision is that every Douglas and Josephine county resident has the resources and opportunities needed to reach their full social, civic, and economic potential, to be secure in their own lives and to be vital participants in their communities.
We help stabilize people's lives by helping them address their basic life needs and then equipping them with skills, resources and opportunities to exit poverty.
Community Action Promise Statement
Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Our Equity Vision Statement
“People of color, as well as historically stigmatized groups, face disparities in health, education, and economic outcomes. Because of this, we have a special obligation to promote equity based on race, ethnicity, place of birth, religion, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation, economic status, and immigrant status.”
We will know that we have achieved our goal of becoming an inclusive and culturally responsive Agency when our leadership, staff, volunteers, friends, and stakeholders together:
- Celebrate diversity as an asset rather than an obligation
- Reflect our community’s diversity
- Foster full participation by diverse individuals in our decisions
- Have a sense of community, safety, and mutual caring
- Commit to promoting cultural responsiveness individually, within our organizations and within the broader community